Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sam says

This trip was billed as a life changing experience. Skeptical of this, I began my reading for our upcoming civil rights. I find my self in disbelief and saddened of all that occurred during my teen years that I was so unaware of. Whether by choice(protective mode) or just being a self-absorbed teen, I’m not sure, but I am sure that my way of thinking about the civil rights era has changed. After reading about Ala., and Miss. I decided to go ahead and read what was going on in my home state of S.C. and ponder about being raised in a house with 3 caretakers who were African Americans. I don’t remember if they voted or even registered to vote at that time.but I wonder what they thought about their civil rights or if they dared to speak out loud about them. I do know that I loved them deeply. May I can begin to know them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment